Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Frisco meets Santiago

Ok. So this has been a very interesting week!!! So I had a special visit and got to spend a few hours with Brother Halverson!! haha It was a bit of a culture shock seeing someone from my ward, but it was really cool!! We went out for empanandas which is a chilean food, and it was really fun catching up with Brother Halverson and his brother Pete!

Afterwards, Pete wanted to buy a SIM card so we went to a store to help him translate. Before we walked up to the counter, he told us that he wanted to talk. (beforehand he told us that he studied for three hours on the plane). Pete talked fearlously and was doing everything he could to communicate with the Chileans!! It was awesome!! For only three hours of studying on the plane, I got to give it to him, he communicated really well!! 
This past Sunday, we had a sister missionary leave for her mission to Guatemala. The ward had a celebration for her after the sacrament meeting, and it was great seeing the ward come together to send her off!! It was really cool! 
                                                   
Thinking back and pondering on the lessons we had with the people we taught, I am again and again reminded of the truthfulness in what we share. After repeatedly sharing the messages we share as missionaries, I find myself knowing the universal and really simple truths in what we share. We taught a family about the plan of Salvation and it was really spiritual. This family is Catholic and have some different viewpoints on religion, but as we shared the message, to them, it made complete sense and they believed in every word that we were able to share with them! It was really spiritual and I left really happy afterwards. 

One of the things we teach in our first few lessons with people is about our Heavenly Father. In our missionary study book, it talks about how when we make good decisions, God is happy, However, when we make bad decisions and seperate ourselves from God, he cries... I read that this week, and maybe I have been skimming over that, but that phrase really got me thinking. I think that our  first initial thought on when we disobey is that God is angry and will judge us. When we sin, Heavenly Father gets frustrated because of our disobedience to his laws, but I have never thought about him crying.. As I thought on that, it really got me thinking about how more intimate and loving that makes our Heavenly Fathers relationship with us as his children. 

Its like a mother and her child. If the child rebels and disobeys his mother. If the mother yells at the kid and punishes him out of anger that would be one thing. However, If I disobeyed my mother and if she cried, I would instantly feel bad.
I Believe that if we thought of our Heavenly Father crying when we sin or choose wrong choices, I believe that we would 1. sin less and 2. feel remorse and strive to be better and honor him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment