Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Church is True and I Will Defend It.


This week has been one for the books! This past Thursday, we had a great day! We received a member reference from a returned missionary of a man by the name of Michael. We had a lesson with him on Thursday and it was great! He understood and comprehended everything we were able to share with him. We talked about how the church that Christ established was restored and it kind of clicked with him. He understood and was able to comprehend what we shared!

  We are teaching a Hattian man by the name of John Charles. He is a jacked Hattian! His arms are as big as my head! He is a very nice and humble man though! He was a reference from other missionaries. When we got to the teaching appointment, he had read the entire lesson pamphlet and had lots of great questions for us!! We also encouraged him to come to church and he did!

The following day, we taught a man by the name of Alfonso who has been coming to church for quite some time! He opened up to us about some of his doubts that he had and we were able to help him find answers to his doubts.
That night, we had a family home evening activity with Pierrre and his wife! We had them teach us how to cook Hattian food!! It was so fun! We cooked what’s called Fritai! Its rice, chicken, fired bananas, and a really good Hattian sauce! SO GOOD! After we cooked, we talked about faith and taking steps in our lives. We had a good open spiritual discussion and we were able to help them a lot! That week, Pierre came to church!!!

On Sunday, we had a ward visiting activity and we went to go do divisions! Afterwards, we had a really good meeting with the stake president and the stake mission leader where we planned open chapel activities and coordinated mission efforts within the stake! 

On Monday, I was on divisions with an Elder by the name of Elder Ebert who is from my Zone! We had an interesting day. We went on divisions and had a recent convert, Damian) accompany us to a lesson with an investigator that is a newer investigator of ours by the name of Patricio. He was a little skeptical during the lesson and questioned certain things. As we began to share about Joseph Smith, he pulled out his laptop.... Elder Ebert and I made eye contact and were curious to know what he would pull here. With Damian by my side, I got a little worried. Needless to say, he asked us a few questions about false websites that said degrading things about Joseph Smith. He questioned him a little. and I told him the truth in that there are lots of criticism towards him and the Book of Mormon. Not any man nor book has been more attacked in this dispensation and everyone tries to oppose him because it is the truth! I urged him to find out for himself and to read the book to find his own answer! At the end of the lesson Patricio asked Damian (the recent convert what his thoughts were on being a Mormon and he said, “well, I have been Mormon for 6 months and it has changed my life”. He expressed to him that before he was atheist and that he has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith! It was really powerful! It really impacted me as I was caught up worrying about him being there with us but his testimony truly touched me.

It made me think about the power of opposition. I was thinking of how much the missionaries, church, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and other things of the church are attacked. Not only do people have bad feelings or mixed feelings, but they take those to another level and criticize and break down a story and try to wrong the church and even go the distance to publish it. I have had some time to do some studies now and to analyze the scriptures.  I have come to realize that their claims and theses are wrong. This really is the true church. No matter the opposition, I can’t hide nor deny the truthfulness of this church and I will defend it.


I also had the opportunity to go and visit Valeria.  It's always a great day when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment