Wednesday, January 11, 2017

No Podemos!!!

This week has been incredible! I can't believe that it's already Wednesday.  The weeks just keep going by faster and faster!

Ok, I am going to start with a funny story.  So this past Monday I believe, it was the day after New Years, Elder Murphy and I were walking down the street in our sector when we came across two drunk 40 year old women. When they saw us the first lady said to me, “Kiss me!” I continued walking and said, “No Podemos”(we can’t). The second woman was little more aggressive. She grabbed Elder Murphy’s scriptures and kept saying “kiss me!! kiss me!!” As Elder Murphy was trying to back away, she pulled out his planner from his shirt pocket and started to run down the street! 

As we walked toward her, she said that the only way she would give the planner back would be if we kissed her. As we would walk after her, she would keep walking/running to keep a good distance away from us.  Needless to say, we were in a bit of a pickle. The other drunk lady was trying to help us, but wasn't much help. Elder Murphy and I conspired a plan to get it back. I would approach her as though I would kiss her, but at the very last second I would rip it out of her hand and then we would high tail it out of there! So we had the other drunk lady tell her we would kiss her. When we approached her, she was beginning to pass out, kind of fell against the wall and the other lady took the planner and gave it to us. So it all worked out in the end!!

Anyway, as far as the rest of the week, it was really good.  I went on splits with Elder Carney.  It was great to see him.  He really is an awesome missionary. We are really, as a mission, pushing to find new people through contacts, references and referrals. I love it! We have found some great people through this.

This past Sunday, I had one of the neatest experiences and probably one of the most memorable that I will have on my mission.  Last Friday we passed by a house and saw a family. We were behind schedule because we had to give a blessing and were running to our next lesson, but we both had a prompting or a feeling that we should contact that house one day this week. Two days went by and we walked by the house again on our way to another lesson.  The lesson we went to fell through because the people were not there and again we felt the need/prompting to go to this home, so we went. When we got there, the lady opened the door and said, “Thank you for coming. We have been praying for you guys to visit us.” With wide eyes, Elder Murphy and I looked at each other bewildered!!! We looked back at her and she said, “I am a member(she is less active) and my daughter recently had a 3rd degree burn on her foot and she needs a priesthood blessing. You Elders are an answer to out prayers.” I stood there in absolute shock……What are the odds? Of the thousands of houses in our sector, we felt the prompting to contact that home, and they happened to e praying that we would pass by…..

I can tell you that things like this don't happen by chance or mere luck. There is a God! No doubt! again, things like this don't just happen.  We gave her a blessing and are now passing by and visiting them. It's been a great week.

Until next week,


Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment