Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Why Does God Give Us Trials?

This week has been another great week. Except for Friday. Friday was awful. Elder Murphy and I had to go downtown to work on our visa and to set it up for the year. We had to stand in line for EIGHT hours.  It was SO awful!! We were outside for four of those hours. The only good thing was that we got to meet some really cool people from other countries, that were there too.  Needless to say, that was a really long day!

Elder Hendrix and Elder Torres

The following day we had our English Class and our ward family home evening at the church. We had a whopping six people in our English class (four of them were kids) and a whopping 9 people show up for our family home evening.  (that included the six from our English class that decided to stay) !Cualquier Potencial! hahaha

Sunday I gave a talk in church on agency and how our agency allows us to choose the paths of life that we can take. It was a lot easier to speak this past Sunday than when I had to give a talk my third week in the field! I'm improving a little! In my talk I talked about what I shared in my email a week back. Also, I had an epiphany this past week. As I was reading my scriptures, I realized one of the reasons why we have the stories in the scriptures. Every person, prophet, or disciple in the scriptures is written about or gives their story because of the trial they are going through. Think about that for a minute.

If you were to read about a prophet that was never tempted or tried, they probably wouldn't be in the scriptures or you would be bored reading it. However, when you read about the story of Job, losing everything that he had, Nephi, from The Book of Mormon, being tried and tested by his siblings, or the stories of the wars. We find ourselves engaged in these stories and we can learn so much from them.  To me, this is an answer as to why we have trials. If God has given the most humble, God following men this earth has ever seen, hard trials, what makes you think he wouldn't give you one too? 

If we think in the way that our trials will mold us into better, sharper human beings. we will have a better outlook on life, we will appreciate the trails, and grow closer to our Savior!!!

Elder Hendrix

 Elder Solis, Elder Pena, Elder Murphy and Elder Hendrix on P-Day
Yes, he ate both of these......That's like four hotdogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment