Saturday, March 25, 2017

Back in Los Pensamientos

Javiera & Sister Montana
Back with Elder Murphy

This has been a very rewarding week here in Santiago.  Last Saturday was a blast! On Friday, I got a call from Elder Murphy (my previous companion) and was told that Javiera and Maximo were having their baptism.  I had the opportunity to go to it and baptize Javiera. It was great. It was awesome to go back and to see them all again.  It was a wonderful baptismal service and was very spiritual. All of the Montana (sp) family was there(cousins, Aunts and Uncles. They had a good 20 family members attend. Before the service started,  Maximo, who is a hilarious kid, by the way, came up to all of us missionaries and said,

“I am so excited for my baptism! It’s just that my two biggest fears are:
  1. Water, and
  2. Falling back into the water
And the thing is that we will be doing both of those today!!”

I am so happy for Javiera and Maximo. They are incredible kids and the Montana family are really special to me. Seeing their change of heart is something that I can not put into words. Over the past three months, seeing the Gospel come back into their lives and seeing their testimonies grow brings me so much joy! It’s moments like that that I cherish.

This weekend, we will be having a baptism for Daniela! She has been so prepared to hear the gospel.  Here in our mission, it is rare that a companionship(Elder Vargas and I)  can find someone to teach and baptize, during the same transfer. Anyways, we are really excited for Daniela!!

I’m short on time.  Hope you have a great week.

Elder Hendrix




No comments:

Post a Comment