Thursday, March 9, 2017

Transfers, San Bernardo and a Bike!

Elder Hendrix and Elder Vargas

Wow, so much has changed this week. As I am writing to you now, I am currently in San Bernardo! We had changes this past week and I was changed to the Lo Blanco Ward in San Bernardo. I have a bike!!! I am so pumped. I am serving with Elder Vargas who is from El Salvador. He has 9 months on the mission and is a great guy. I will come back to my past two days here in Lo Blanco when I finish my letter(mom note… he doesn't finish his letter, so we are left in suspense as to how his first few days in San Bernardo went) :)

Anyway, this past week in Los Pensamientos was a tough one. Elder Murphy was dead for about three days and didn't leave the house. He had a fever a a bad stomach bug, so I spent my last day and a half with the other Elders in our home to say goodbye to our investigators and members. It was awful. I didn’t want to leave Los Pensamientos and the members. I had the opportunity to meets some incredible people and I now have to leave them. However, after being in the same area for 6 months the change didn’t come as a surprise.

Saying goodbye to Valeria and the Andrade family was very tough, but the hardest was with the Montana family. Maximo and Javiera were really upset that I was leaving but I will definitely be going back for their baptism in 2 weeks. Their grandmother is absolutely incredible. She has been so dedicated  to going to church. When she was on vacation she attended church over the two weeks and is now reading General Conference talks and is so consecrated. Seeing her change over the past few months is something I will remember forever.



And I have left Elder Murphy. Elder Murphy is an incredible missionary.  He works very hard and is a very consecrated man. I will definitely miss him. 

Until next week!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment