Thursday, September 15, 2016

VIVA CHILE!!!


I’m going to apologize up front for my short email. This week has been so hectic and I haven't found any time to write! Our flight to Chile was great. I had two of the best meals I have had in 6 weeks!! The mountains are HUGE here, but the smog covers almost all but the tops of them. My companions name is Elder Carney. He is an amazing Elder. He is from Colorado, and is such a great guy! Im really looking forward to our time together these next 6 weeks. I am living in La Granja! We have the 2nd smallest mission in the world, but 3 million people live in this area. 

I had a funny experience on the bus today. A lady literally walked up to me and took a picture of me. It was so weird... She then proceeded to type to her friend or something as she kept glancing at me then at her phone and then back at me…..My companion was looking over her shoulder to see what she was writing. He said that she was texting someone that I was cute….


The Chileans are amazing people! They are so great and humble. However, I can't understand an ounce of what they are saying. Their Spanish is so bad lol but I can testify to them! Not going to lie. It is hard here but I know that abrupt change in our lives gives us the opportunity to grow more than we possibly can imagine! 

Chow! 


Elder Hendrix

P.S. in true Elder Hendrix fashion....he misplaced his camera cord.  Hopefully he finds it soon. :)




Completo(Chilean Hot Dog)


An email from Elder Hendrix's companion


Hendrix family!!

This is Elder Carney from Denver Colorado, and I am training your son Elder Hendrix!!! Just wanted you guys to know that he is an INCREDIBLE missionary, and will do amazing things here in Chile Santiago Sur! We have only had one day but he is ready to get down to work! I hope you guys know that  I am here for whatever and that I am super excited to be training your son. He is the man! Please let me know if their is anything that I can do for you guys or for him! Have a great week! And here is a picture of his first completo (hot dogs but so much better!)
Elder Carney


An email from the mission home


LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS
Misión Chile Santiago Sur, Francisco Aranda 530, San Bernardo, Santiago Chile, 807086

September 13, 2016

Aimee Hendrix 
USA

Dear Sister Hendrix:

We are happy to send the exciting news that after weeks of preparation in the Mexico MTC, Elder Hendrix has arrived safely with his group of fellow missionaries to the Chile Santiago South Mission.  He was transported from the MTC to the Mission Office where he met his trainer, participated in a New Missionary Orientation and was transported to his first assigned area. 

Your son has been assigned as a junior companion to Elder Carney, from Littleton, Colorado. Elder Carney is an exceptional missionary selected by President Gwilliam to guide Elder Hendrix through this important training period of his mission.  They are assigned to labor in the Pensamientos 1 sector in the La Bandera zone. 

You can expect to hear from Elder Hendrix by email Wednesday which is preparation day.  We trust that you will also write to Elder Hendrix on a weekly basis. Your positive messages of support and love will be a great source of strength and encouragement to him. We will send you our weekly newsletter as well as other occasional messages. To send a letter or a package we strongly recommend you use USPS, and the following address:

Elder Hendrix
Chile Santiago South Mission
Apartado Postal No. 544
San Bernardo, Chile

We thank you for all that you have done to help prepare Elder Hendrix to faithfully serve a full time mission. We know that your family will be blessed for his sacrifice and commitment to serve the Lord.  Thank you for entrusting Elder Hendrix to the Lord and to us.  We look forward to getting to know him well as we labor together.  We want you to know that we will love and watch over him while he is in our care. Please feel free to communicate with us at any time, with any concerns that you may have.
Most sincerely,
                                    

   President Douglas G. Gwilliam                                   Sister Stephanie Gwilliam



Elder Hendrix meeting his Mission President, his wife and his companion, Elder Carney



























No comments:

Post a Comment