Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Found The Camera Cord!!!!






Elder Hendrix and Elder Carney

This week’s been a great week! Elder Carney and I were sore for about 3 days after our hike this past p-day, but we’ve been working really hard, nonetheless.



 Hiking into the Andes!


 What an amazing view!
 Santiago
Elder Gutierez( one of my roommates in my apartment)

 We have some investigators who are really progressing in the Gospel. It’s amazing to see their desire to change their lives for the better.  In one of our lessons this week, with one of our investigators, we taught a lesson and shared a video about Joseph Smith. Her niece, who lives in Puente Alto( a different city in Santiago) was there and was really intrigued with the video and The Book of Mormon.  She said she had always wanted to read the book but never had one! This was music to my ears because we have to pull teeth just to get an investigator to read a page of  The Book of Mormon! I am excited to see where this will go.

My day is very long, but it goes by so fast because we are always on the move. The food here is pretty good. Completos are to die for! The mayo here is amazing and empanadas are really good. Sushi is really big here too! Overall though, the food is so unhealthy. I’m praying I wont get a beer belly here…. :)

Elder Carney is a great dad. (here if you are a greenie (new to the mission field0 your trainer is called your dad) He is from Colorado and is really good at Track and is such a great trainer.  He’s made this transition period so much easier for me, especially with the language.

These past few days I have really been thinking about hindsight. We’ve had a few lessons with investigators and less actives who are struggling with their faith. There is a particular verse in The Book of Mormon I really like that talks about this topic, “And now, I Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith” (Ether 12:6) This past week, I have received that witness! I thought back on how tough high school was and how challenging it was to stay the course. If I didn't have my beliefs and standards I have now, there is no telling what kind of person I would be right now, but because of the beliefs and principles I live my life by, I’m halfway around the world, inviting people to come unto Christ! How great is that?!

As I’ve studied, I’ve began to understand that answers do not come through answered prayers or miraculous miracles. Often times, faith comes by way of experiences. The beauty of hindsight is that I never had this perspective during high school.  I would endure and defend my beliefs with honor without these great experiences and feelings that I now have daily on my mission.  It was very tough, but as a result, I grew so much from it.  

Love,



Elder Hendrix



Elder Hendrix's desk( what a difference a mission is making on his cleanliness and organization) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment