Thursday, October 20, 2016

Short and Sweet

What a week this has been! The weather’s been freezing cold the past 5 days. On Saturday, we had a ton of rain and the streets (in some parts) were filled with water! That day was so fun!

Last Friday, we had a really powerful lesson on the ability to do hard things with a less active member. We shared the video Mountains to Climb by Henry B. Eyring, which is one of my favorite messages/videos by the church.

Oddly enough in this talk by President Eyring, he explains how he “asked for a mountain” or a really tough challenge to be put before him. I had to think about that for a minute….I don’t know if I have the faith to ask God for a trial (mountain) to be placed before me. Regardless, two weeks later, President Eyring was given a really tough trial.  One of the toughest of his life. Climbing that mountain is tough. We will climb, we ill slip and fall, but with faith we will get to the top of it. That much I do know.  

One of our investigators is getting baptized in 1 1/2 weeks.  We are so excited for her! She is so receptive to everything. It’s as if she’s a member already!

Elder Tocigl (my roommate) is banking on his Visa coming in next week and leaving the country for Las Vegas. He bought 100 rolls (20 mil) of sushi for us two nights ago.  It was awesome! hahaha

Sorry for the short email. Next weeks will be longer.  

I Love it here!!

Chow!


Elder Hendrix


Below is the link of the video that Elder Hendrix referenced in his letter this week:




_________________________________________________________

Mom note.  When asked if he is having fun, this was his reply:
Elder Carney and I with Nefi, one of our ward members. He is a great guy!

Santiago Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment