Saturday, October 8, 2016

Lost and Nearly Bit.



This week’s been a very good week! I really enjoyed watching General Conference and hearing all the leaders of the church speak. I was fortunate enough to watch it in English with another “greenie” missionary, while all the other missionaries watched it in Spanish.  

On Monday, we had divisions(it is where you are paired with a different missionary, from a different area) with the zone leaders and I stayed in my sector(the area where I live and serve). Now my sector is no more than the size of my neighborhood back home, but there are probably 50,000+ people that live here. Just to kind of give you a perspective, my mission is 11x16 kilometers and 3 million people live in it…..Needless to say, there are so many intricate streets that Elder Martinez and I got lost a few times,but we had a great day. For Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) we had sushi with two families from our ward that are amazing(sushi is really popular here right now) and played a fun game.

In the afternoon of this same day, every appointment we had fell through, but as I looked back at the end of the day, it ended up being good.  While we were walking down the street, one of the less active kids we teach had a basketball in his hands as he was leaving his house.  We asked him if we could go and shoot with him for a couple of minutes.  He obliged and we ended up going to the “colegio” or school in our sector. Every Tuesday there is an after school program for kids(teens) to come and exercise/play basketball at the school.  We couldn’t stay very long, but we had a chance  to talk with the instructor and told him that we would love to help him with the kids if he needed it!  

Overall, it was a great week.  Hope y’all are enjoying your fall weather.  I envy you. It’s starting to get REALLY hot here.  

Talk with you next week!

Elder Hendrix


Just a couple of notes from my personal email with Elder Hendrix.  When asked if he's had anything “interesting” happen he shared this with me, “a three legged dog tried nipping at my heels but I scared him off. A drunk guy tried popping my fingers and almost broke Elder Carneys hand lol”  

Another completo consumed.  Now that is a hot dog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment